|City of Independence|
|AGENDA ITEM COVER SHEET|
17-035 - 1R. An ordinance authorizing and directing the City Manager of the City of Independence, Missouri, to sign the addendum to the Fire Service Mutual Aid Agreement between the City of Independence, Missouri, and Fort Osage Fire Protection District to provide for mutual initial response in designated response districts and quadrants.
Staff recommends that this addendum to the current mutual aid agreement be approved.
Automatic aid will be provided by both Fort Osage Fire Protection District (FOFPD) and City of Independence Fire Department (IFD) in specific response areas as identified below. Fire apparatus will respond on first alarm structural fire incidents only as per Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) designation.
Fire companies required outside of this agreement must be requested in accordance with procedures established in current mutual aid agreements/contracts.
1. FOFPD will provide the following to the IFD:
a. One (1) Engine/Pumper staffed with qualified personnel within IFD CAD quadrants 63, 64, 66, 68, 69, 70, 71, 172, 44, 46, 52 and 53.
2. IFD will provide the following to the FOFPD:
a. One (1) Engine/Pumper staffed with qualified personnel inside the jurisdictional boundaries of the FOFPD CAD zones FO1-1, F01-5, FO3-1 and FO3-2
3. Each party, in consideration of this agreement to provide emergency assistance, does waive any and all claims against the other party hereto for damages or compensation for any loss, damage, personal injury, death or any other matter occurring as a consequence of performance under this agreement.
4. No party to this agreement shall be under any obligation to reimburse the other party for any costs of services incurred pursuant to rendering of or acceptance of equipment or manpower under the terms of this agreement.
5. Each party, in consideration of this agreement to provide emergency assistance, shall use this automatic aid to supplement their current protocols for required department response.
6. No party to this agreement shall under any obligation close or eliminate the corresponding fire station(s) or equipment within the CAD response zones or quadrants outlined within this addendum of mutual / automatic aid agreement.
7. On an annual basis both departments will meet with labor and management representatives to examine and discuss the response data to ensure both departments are able to continue with the agreement.
8. On an annual basis both department Training Officers will meet and coordinate fireground operations training between the departments.
9. Pursuant to RSMo. 320.090 And 44.090(2), this automatic aid agreement will be perpetual in nature but may be terminated by either the District or City upon providing sixty (60) days written notice.
|Department: Fire||Contact Person: Chief John Greene|
|City Managers Office||Approved|
|City Clerk Department||Approved|
|Council Action: ||Council Action: |