The applicant is proposing to build one of its, “Generation III,” stores at the site. The newer structure with have a larger kitchen, a larger floor space in general and require more employees. With the acquisition of the former, furniture store property, the pumps will lie north and south of the new building and access will be gained to E. 39th Street S.
Planning Commission Action:
At its March 14, 2017 Planning Commission meeting, the motion for approval passed by a vote of 6-0, after consideration of the following facts:
- That the rezoning is consistent with the review criteria listed in Section 14-701-02 of the City Code;
- That a public hearing was held pursuant to a notice duly published according to law, at which time all interested parties were given the full opportunity to be heard;
- That rezoning the property from C-1 to C-2 will allow the construction of convenience store/gas station on the site;
- That, at the Planning Commission hearing, no residents had questions and concerns about the rezoning application;
- That, at the hearing, no petition protesting this application was presented.
Planning Commission minutes are available in the Community Development Department.