This application is the modification of an earlier request for the western portion of the same lot, but east of the residence and lot located at 19717 E. 39th Street S., around which it wraps. The earlier proposal would have involved a taller, 150-foot tower erected on ground at a lower elevation further south of the right-of-way.
Planning Commission Action - At its December 20, 2016 meeting, the Planning Commission voted 4-2 to recommend approval of this application after consideration of the following facts:
1. That the Special Use Permit is consistent with the review criteria listed in Section 14-704-09 of the Unified Development Ordinance;
2. That a public hearing was held pursuant to a notice duly published according to law, at which time all interested parties were given the full opportunity to be heard;
3. That there is a single-family use to the west, a medical center to the north and undeveloped properties to the east and south;
4. That the cell tower’s lease area will be accessed via an asphalt drive coming from E. 39th Street S.
5. That the cell tower will be 100 feet in height;
6. That, at the Planning Commission hearing, Dan Storey of Cushman & Wakefield, representing HCA, spoke against the application;
7. That no petitions protesting the application were presented.
Planning Commission minutes are available in the Community Development Department.
Note: A public hearing for this item is scheduled concurrent with the second reading of the ordinance on January 17, 2017. Ordinarily the public hearing would be held at the time of the first reading. Due to an error on the original publication notice, the public hearing must be re-noticed and rescheduled.