Plante Moran PLLC is currently assisting the City of Independence with the implementation of a utility billing software system replacement project. Plante Moran’s contract was intended to take their involvement through September 2017. However, the go-live date has been delayed to the spring of 2018, due to unforeseen programming and implementation issues.
The change order will provide additional funding for Plante Moran to properly assist the City through completion, with project management duties to mitigate risk. The City would like expand on the contract with Plante Moran on the project performed under RFP #P14-403a. The expansion would include the following additional activities:
· Attend weekly project status meetings
· Monitor and update the Issues and Action Items log
· Review and approve/deny Advanced Utility Systems invoices
· Track project costs
· Monitor the software vendor’s compliance to their contract
· Communicate any issues/concerns
· Escalate any issues of concern though the software vendor’s management
· Provide on-site assistance during User Acceptance Testing week
· Provide on-site assistance during go-live week
· Continue to provide support and assistance six weeks post go-live
Approval of this item authorizes the Procurement Manager to issue change orders up to a total of ten (10) percent of the authorized amount, so long as appropriations are available.