A line of vacuum stations and the masonry trash enclosure would line the north side of the property along the north driveway. A row of seven parking spaces would line the west side of the property. A revised landscaped plan will indicate 10-foot parking lot/driveway setbacks along the north, east and south property lines and a 15-foot wide residential buffer and fence along the west side of the property.
Vehicles queuing for the carwash would not interfere with the driveway’s traffic flow. Waiting cars would pass south of the building, entering the car wash’s tunnel from the west. Exiting vehicles would go east toward S. Noland Road or proceed west past the vacuums and south to E. 43rd Street S.
Planning Commission Action - At its August 8, 2017 meeting, the Planning Commission voted 2-2 and failed to recommend approval of this application after considering the following facts:
1. That the Special Use Permit is not consistent with the review criterion #G listed in Section 14-704-09 of the Unified Development Ordinance.
2. That queuing vehicles for the new use should not impend traffic flow.
3. That a public hearing was held pursuant to a notice duly published according to law, at which time all interested parties were given the full opportunity to be heard.
4. That, at the Planning Commission hearing, no one spoke in opposition to the application.
5. That no petitions protesting the application were presented at the Planning Commission meeting.
Draft Planning Commission minutes are attached to this Council agenda item.