|City of Independence|
|AGENDA ITEM COVER SHEET|
17-087 - 1R. An ordinance authorizing a contract with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, in the amount of $122,101.00, for the Public Health Emergency Preparedness Grant for the period July 1, 2017, through June 30, 2018; authorizing future change orders and appropriating the necessary funds.
Staff recommends approval of this contract.
The Public Health Emergency Preparedness grant from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services is being renewed for the period of July 1, 2017, through June 30, 2018 and appropriating funding for same period.
The Public Health Emergency Preparedness contract for the period July 1, 2017, through June 30, 2018, will provide the following:
• Maintain Missouri's public health system in relation to public health emergency planning and preparedness;
• Maintain, upgrade, and supplement, but not supplant, state and local public health jurisdictions' preparedness for responding to biological terrorism, other outbreaks of infectious disease, and other public health threats and emergencies;
• Maintain, exercise and update a functional local public health emergency preparedness and response plan(s) that will be used in response to public health emergencies. Such plan(s) must correlate with the Department's public health emergency plan and adhere to federal guidelines;
• Develop and maintain partnerships among local and/or regional entities for public health emergency response and preparedness;
• Identify and implement protocols for the emergency preparedness and response plan(s).
• Coordinate and evaluate local surveillance activities to ensure rapid detection of any public health concerns;
• Coordinate crisis and emergency risk communication before and during an emergency; and
• Recruit, coordinate, and train local volunteers for public health emergency response and exercises, per the local public health emergency response plan.
The Health Department's FY17/18 Operating Budget will need to be increased in revenue and expenditures in the amount of $122,101.00 in the following PHEP grant accounts:
4752-5100 PHEP17 G $ 78,848.64
4752-5109 PHEP17 G $ 40,322.88
4752-5301 PHEP17 G $ 2,929.48
|Department: Health||Contact Person: Andrew Warlen|
|City Managers Office||Approved|
|City Clerk Department||Approved|
|Council Action: ||Council Action: |